Terms and Conditions
We sell books about concrete and related topics from a variety of publishers. Ordering from The Concrete Bookshop is easy – just follow the guidelines.
All advice or information from The Concrete Society is intended for those who will evaluate the significance and limitations of its contents and take responsibility for its use and application. No liability (including that for negligence) for any loss resulting from such advice or information is accepted by The Concrete Society or its subcontractors, suppliers or advisors. Readers should note that publications are subject to revision from time to time and should therefore ensure that they are in possession of the latest version.
The Concrete Bookshop is wholly owned by The Concrete Society www.concrete.org.uk and operates under the following terms and conditions:
Use the ‘Search’ function to find what you are looking for, or alternatively browse through the different subject areas or click on the logos. Each publication is summarised on our website. Further information can be supplied on request.
When you have made your selection click ‘Add to basket’ and follow the instructions.
There are a number of ways you can place your order:
- Online – pay securely online
- Telephone – complete your selection then call us on +44 (0) 1276 607140 and we will take your credit or debit card order details over the phone ( Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm).
If for any reason we cannot accept your order we will contact you by telephone or email.
You will be asked for the delivery address. Postage or courier charges are dependent on the weight of the order this will be added automatically added at the checkout stage.
Please phone or email for special arrangements. Subject to stock availability orders received before mid-day should be despatched the same day.
If you require delivery by courier service please email us or telephone +44(0) 1276 607140 and we will arrange this for you at extra cost.
We will endeavour to ensure your order is despatched in accordance with the above but we shall be under no liability for loss or delay arising out of causes beyond our control.
You can make payment to us by one of the following methods:
- Credit / Debit cards – VISA / MASTERCARD / DELTA / SWITCH. You can pay by credit or debit card if placing your order by telephone, post or online
- Cheques which must be in pounds sterling and drawn on a UK bank are payable to ‘The Concrete Bookshop’
- Bank draft or payment by electronic transfer may be made directly to our bank. Please email us for details. Note that you must accept bank charges.
Please note that either payment or a company Purchase Order is required before we despatch orders.
VAT: Books are currently zero rated but other items from The Concrete Bookshop such as software are liable to VAT at prevailing rate.
All prices are displayed in pounds sterling and do not include postage and packing costs or VAT (if applicable).
We operate a generous discount scheme for members of The Concrete Society on most publications from The Concrete Society and British Cement Association. We also offer special discounts for booksellers, academics and bulk purchases – please contact us for details.
If you place an order for an item that is temporarily out of stock then we will inform you within 7 days. These items will be supplied as soon as they become available.
Returns and Refunds
We will accept books for return and refund within 30 days of date of invoice providing you either email us or telephone +44(0) 1276 607140 to make arrangements for your return if:
- The book was found to be damaged, faulty or incomplete (missing pages). We will either replace the book or give you a full refund including postage and packing costs. The replacement or refund will be made on receipt by us of the original copy
- The book was incorrectly supplied and we have made a mistake in fulfilling your order. We will either replace the book with the correct copy or give you a refund including postage and packing costs providing the incorrectly supplied copy is returned in pristine unmarked condition.
We cannot accept the following returns:
- Books that do not meet your requirements. Please ensure you select the correct title before ordering
- CD-ROM, DVD, video, software or a computer file that has been downloaded from the website
Computer files published and downloaded directly from www.concretebookshop.com or published on CD-ROM purchased from www.concretebookshop.com are provided to the customer for their own individual use and may not be circulated electronically or uploaded to and stored on any website or intranet unless the accompanying licence states otherwise.
Similarly no part of any publication may be converted to a digital file and circulated electronically or uploaded to and stored on any intranet or website without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
The Concrete Society reserve the right to change or update the Terms and Conditions from time to time and without prior notice.
|+44 (0) 1276 607140 (Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm )
|Click here to e-mail
|The Concrete Bookshop
The Concrete Society
4 Meadows Business Park